Welcome to the Risk Management Protection and Insurance Module 1.
This module has been designed to help you work through your understanding of risk management and empower you to take your clients on a critical thinking journey so they can see how they already protect themselves and whanau and then take further steps in building resilience. On our website are the accompanying resources that you can download and use with clients. You can also request this module as a face-to-face delivery by contacting the training team at FinCap.
This module includes:
- Protecting ourselves against risks
- Managing risks
- What is insurance
- Knowing where insurance can help
- Assess the likelihood of things going wrong.
- Finding the right insurance
- Journey sheets
Journey sheets are a resource to be used with clients. They have been designed to use in a variety of ways. Financial Mentors choose which way suits their client, the Financial Mentor and the discussion as the importance is to assist the client with critical thinking.
Ways they can be used:
- Laminate to use as a resource to guide discussion.
- Use all sheets to record thinking and plans through each step of the journey.
- Use one or two sheets to record thinking and plan as needed.
They can be adapted to match the discussion.
This module is recommended for:
- Financial Mentors
Approximate time of completion is 2-3 hours.
At the end of this module you can download a certificate of completion.