There are many types of facilitation. From facilitating a discussion, meeting, learning journey or process.
Some skills are used in any type of facilitation. For example, strong communication skills. Other skills are specific to that type of facilitation.
This course explores different types of facilitation and the skills needed to facilitate well. It also explores what facilitation is not. Often there is confusion about what facilitation is and what it isn’t.
This course aims to extend your understanding of facilitation and to highlight some of the skills involved. This is to raise awareness around facilitation rather than provide a facilitator training programme. Those courses normally take weeks or months to complete.
Aim of Module
To understand facilitation and introduce some fundamental components of facilitation.
Who is this course for?
This course is for:
- those considering if facilitation is a role they would like to pursue
- those already facilitating groups and are looking to extend/consolidate their knowledge and understanding; or
- those in a leadership role looking to extend their toolkit.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this course you will have explored:
- what is facilitation
- different types of facilitation
- a variety of facilitation skills; and
- how to use facilitation in your mahi.
It is expected that this course will take two to three hours to complete.