Aim of Module
This module is about getting to know our clients and identifying the strengths they bring with them that will help them and guide your work with them. It also is designed to provide insight into additional factors that may be impacting our clients, and the effect these factors may have on their client’s willingness to act upon the guidance provided through the financial mentoring process.
The module will also introduce techniques for financial mentors to help overcome some of the barrier’s clients experience on their journey towards financial independence.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this module, you should understand:
- the composition of New Zealand society and our local community
- the effects of society, culture, family and individual background on clients
- the role of Fonofale and Te Whare Tapa Whā in helping our clients
- the importance of self esteem for clients
- how to establish rapport with clients.
It is expected that this module will take three hours to complete. If you have any questions regarding the content of this module or the course, please contact your tutor.
Module Prerequisites and resources
Prior to starting this module, you must have:
Completed the following modules and their associated Assignment questions. You must have had your Assignment questions marked by your course tutor (and completed any follow up actions) prior to moving onto the next module:
- Module 1 – All About Financial Mentoring
- Module 2 – Financial Mentoring Tools