The Financial Capability Coaching Course is for new financial coaches to be trained in the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective financial capability coach to serve the community.
This is module eight.
Aim of Module
This module works with Client Indigo to demonstrate how to create a cashflow and debt repayment plan.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this module, trainees will understand:
- the importance of preparing a cashflow
- the differences between a cashflow, budget and debt schedule
- options to ‘fix’ a cashflow when it is out of balance
- how to create a debt repayment plan.
Trainees will also understand:
- how making changes to any one of the cashflow, debt schedule or budget, will impact the other two.
It is expected that this module will take three to five hours to complete depending on your individual pace and which topics you find challenging. There is also assignments to complete that will take approximately two hours. If you have any questions regarding the content of this module or the course, please contact your facilitator.
Module prerequisites and resources
Prior to starting this module, you must have completed the following modules and their associated Assignment questions. You must have had your Assignment questions marked by your course facilitator (and completed any follow up actions) prior to moving onto the next module:
- Module 1 – All About Financial Coaching
- Module 2 – Financial Coaching Tools
- Module 3 – Getting to know our clients
- Module 4 – Strengths-based Approach
- Module 5 – Case Study 1: Creating the Budget and Debt Schedule.
- Module 6 – Case Study 1: Checking Entitlements and Allowances.
- Module 7 – Case Study 2: Identifying Debt Solutions.