The Financial Capability Coaching Course is for new financial coaches to be trained in the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective financial capability coach to serve the community.
This is module seven.
Aim of Module
To understand what options exist to help clients manage their expenses and their debts.
This module introduces our second case study – (Client Indigo) and works through examples to help identify solutions to their debt problems.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this module, trainees will understand options they can use to:
- balance a budget by focusing on expenses; and
- balance a budget through adjustments to debts.
Trainees will also be introduced to options that can be used to:
- investigate when the level of debt prevents the budget from being balanced.
Throughout this course you will be able to download some resources. These were current at September 2021.
It is expected that this module will take three to five hours to complete depending on your individual pace and which topics you find challenging. There is also assignments to complete that will take approximately two hours. If you have any questions regarding the content of this module or the course, please contact your facilitator.
Module prerequisites and resources
Prior to starting this module, you must have completed the following modules and their associated Assignment questions. You must have had your Assignment questions marked by your course facilitator (and completed any follow up actions) prior to moving onto the next module:
- “Module 1 – All About Financial Coaching”
- “Module 2 – Financial Coaching Tools”
- “Module 3 – Understanding Clients”
- “Module 4 – Strengths-based Approach”
- “Module 5 – Case Study 1: Creating the Budget and Debt Schedule”
- “Module 6 – Case Study 1: Checking Entitlements and Allowances”.