The Financial Capability Coaching Course is for new financial coaches to be trained in the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective financial capability coach to serve the community.
This is module five.
Aim of Module
The aim of this module is to help you develop a greater understanding in how to use budget worksheets and debt schedules, to help a client understand their financial position. You will also be introduced to the client lifecycle and what might be expected in the initial steps.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this module you will understand:
- the typical client lifecycle
- what information must be obtained from clients and how it should be recorded
- how to analyse a client’s financial position:
- income and expenses
- debts and arrears; and
- immediate financial problems.
It is expected that this module will take three to five hours to complete depending on your individual pace and which topics you find challenging. There is also assignments to complete that will take approximately two hours. If you have any questions regarding the content of this module or the course, please contact your facilitator.
Module Prerequisites and resources
Prior to starting this module, you must have completed the following modules and their associated Assignment questions. You must have had your Assignment questions marked by your course facilitator (and completed any follow up actions) prior to moving onto the next module:
- “Module 1 – All About Financial Coaching”
- “Module 2 – Financial Coaching Tools”
- “Module 3 – Understanding Clients”
- “Module 4 – Strengths-based Approach”