You’re on the internet right now. But what does that mean? What even is the internet, anyway?
A lot of the information we need to run a community organisation is found on the internet. But many of us are only vaguely aware of how the internet works. This course will explain the basics of how the internet works, so that you know what’s happening when you connect.
This course is light on jargon and heavy on the bits you need to know. Some complex details are oversimplified so you can focus on understanding the most important things.
Why take this course?
Knowing how the internet works will allow you to make more informed decisions about:
- Using the internet in your service delivery
- Your technology infrastructure
- Storing information in the cloud
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain to a colleague broadly how the internet works
- Troubleshoot simple internet problems
- Examine potential digital services to ensure they are a good fit for your organisation
About the Instructors
I thought this was excellent; short, sharp, good examples used to illustrate points and easy to navigate – the ‘tests’ were a bit of a reality check for me (I got a couple of things wrong through not reading the question properly) but the learning was well embedded by the time I finished the programme.