Activities: An overview
Activities are also thought of as knowledge checks, quizzes, tests or exams. We chose the phrase “Activity” to lessen the anxiety that people feel about those other words.
Usually an activity doesn’t need a description. If you add one, it is visible to the user above every question. This can be useful if you have a scenario which needs to be referred to as the learners answer questions.
In many ways, an activity is created like a course. Here are some of the most important settings:
- Settings > Passing score: Set this to a number 1-100, depending on what learners need in order to proceed to the next step of the course.
- Settings > Autostart: Often you will want this ticked. When ticked, the activity will show the learner the first question immediately. If not ticked, the learner sees a button that says “Start activity”.
- Settings > Question Display > Display results after each submitted answer. When selected this gives learners a message “Correct” / “Incorrect” after each question. If not selected, learners don’t see which answers were correct until the end of the activity.
- Settings > Additional Answer Options > Randomize Answers: This will display the possible answers in a random order each time the learner loads the activity.
- Add a title to the activity
- Builder > Created the questions in roughly the right order (everything can be changed later)
- Settings > Passing score set
- Settings > Autostart ticked (usually)
- Settings > Question display > Display results after each submitted answer (usually)
You’re now ready to start entering content in the questions.